The Mangione Magic Forum

Home | Contact | Search | Site Map

Forum | Profile | Active Topics | Members | PM | Search Forum | FAQ | Sign The Petition! (1708)
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Join Live Chat! Who's in Chat? Currently Empty

All Forums
 Other Topics - Non Mangione
 Water Cooler
 A video that includes me playing!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

satchmo67
Main Squeeze

jtar
Send satchmo67 a Private MessageSend PM
Australia

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  06:32:55 AM  Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Visit satchmo67's Homepage  Send satchmo67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Late last year I was asked to record a promotional video with a band that plays weddings and other functions. Before I knew it I was a member!

Here's the band website, which includes the video:

http://www.soulution.com.au/

If you stick with the video through to the end you'll see me feature in I Will Survive!

Cheers,
Gary.

Edited by - satchmo67 on Feb 14 2013 06:34:14 AM
Report This Post

dmmac
One-Eyed Sailor

EveningMagic
Send dmmac a Private MessageSend PM
USA

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  12:20:24 AM  Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send dmmac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice Job Gary! -- Sounds Great!

~"How I love when my thoughts run ... to the Land of Make Believe"~
Report This Post Go to Top of Page

Leatherlips
Administrator

MangioneMagic
Send Leatherlips a Private MessageSend PM
USA

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  6:53:50 PM  Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Visit Leatherlips's Homepage  Send Leatherlips a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know how I missed this but I just saw it today. The band sounds really good! I think the singers are outstanding! You did a great job on trumpet Gary! Nice flutter at the end of your solo in Survive! That would be a lot of fun to play in a classic rock and roll horn line like that.

"When music is honest and full of love, labels aren't important, and people listen with an open mind"
-Chuck Mangione
Check my profile to find out how to enter the hidden VIP Lounge of the Mangione Magic Forum.

satchmo67
Main Squeeze

jtar
Australia

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  05:21:21 AM  Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Visit satchmo67's Homepage  Send satchmo67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!

That video was my first time with the band, meeting most of the musicians for the first time that morning. I'd had a couple of days to run through the charts at home, but I was several months out of practice so my chops faded towards the end of the recording.

But it was a lot of fun, and now that the band is being actively promoted I'm looking forward to playing in public again.

jwgilmore
Main Squeeze

mm_comAvatarPTC
Send jwgilmore a Private MessageSend PM
USA

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  12:55:05 AM  Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Visit jwgilmore's Homepage  Send jwgilmore a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Way to go mate! The group has a great sound. I know you'll have a blast playing with them. Nothing like live performance.

Please post more stuff as it becomes available!

John W. Gilmore
www.gilmoremarketing.com
www.modulationband.com

'Music is one of God's greatest gifts.' - Chuck Mangione

Robert
Jazz Brother

Chuck6
Send Robert a Private MessageSend PM
USA

Posted - Mar 29 2013 :  03:06:27 AM  Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send Robert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where's the like button?

In your world there was a KING, who once said, "I have a dream." Now there's a man who knew the secret.

Cutter
Chuck's Roadie

Chuck15
Send Cutter a Private MessageSend PM
USA

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  10:31:46 PM  Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send Cutter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just saw the video.. The band and your solo sounded great..I was gonna comment that I liked your flutter at the end ,only I was gonna call it a growl..

jimmyjazz
Main Squeeze

FlugelHead
Send jimmyjazz a Private MessageSend PM
USA

Posted - Jul 06 2013 :  7:58:58 PM  Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Visit jimmyjazz's Homepage  Send jimmyjazz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just saw this---Cool! Nice!

James Ingenito
www.jamesingenito.com

deacon blues
Rookie Member

Send deacon blues a Private MessageSend PM
USA

Posted - Jun 24 2014 :  08:53:21 AM  Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send deacon blues a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your band sounds great. Are you touring in Utah, USA anytime soon?

satchmo67
Main Squeeze

jtar
Australia

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  06:34:05 AM  Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Visit satchmo67's Homepage  Send satchmo67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quote quote:
Originally posted by deacon blues

Your band sounds great. Are you touring in Utah, USA anytime soon?

Thanks! I'll put Utah on the "must-do" list......
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mangione Magic © 2006-2016 Mangione Magic Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

MangioneMagic.com